Removing black border when using rectangle tool
Chief
2006-06-22 10:10:41 UTC
Hi Guy

Probably a bit of a noobie question but when I draw a rectangle usin
the rectangle tool it creates a rectangle with a black border

Is there an easy way to create a rectangle where the border is the sam
colour as the rectangle itself

Thanks for any help in advance :

--
Chie
edjh
2006-06-22 11:15:03 UTC
Hi Guys
Probably a bit of a noobie question but when I draw a rectangle using
the rectangle tool it creates a rectangle with a black border.
Is there an easy way to create a rectangle where the border is the same
colour as the rectangle itself?
Thanks for any help in advance :)
I think what you are seeing is the vector Path around the rectangle. It
is not really there. Print it out to see.

Unless you are doing something else. Hard to tell without more info. The
rectangle Shape tool does not produce a border.
--
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
Chief
2006-06-22 11:34:52 UTC
Ahhhhh. indeed you are correct

Did a preview and the black border was gone. Thanks edjh :

--
Chie
pmdelgado2
2012-12-12 17:45:14 UTC
Instead of forcing the edge to have the same color, you can prescribe it to have NO color at all. This effectively makes the entire rectangle a single color. For example, a rectangle starting from the point (0,0) with width 2 and height 1, blue colored and with no border is coded as:

rectangle('Position',[0 0 2 1],'FaceColor','b','EdgeColor','None');

or, you could change 'None' to 'b' to make the edge the same as the face.

Regards,
pmdelgado2